I met Patrice for the first time in 2009, but have virtually known her for a bit longer than that. Her blog, Afrobella, is a daily read for thousands of people all over the world. When I met her, she was an instant BFF. I know that many of you get that same feeling when you meet her, or even read her blog. She's one of those people that you can only wish the best for, because she's such an awesome person. It took me several days to write this post, but here's something we can all learn from Patrice Yursik.
1. Always keep them guessing Patrice comes from out of nowhere with her big news. Just when you think she's going to chill out for a minute...BAM! Vogue Italia. BOOM! Beautylish. She's always stepping her game up.
2. Write about what makes you happy Afrobella is a beauty blog by trade, but it's really so much more than that. We've seen her write about so many different things, and we all feel like we "get" her. Her blog says she's a beauty, hair and culture blogger, and she does all three with precision.
3. Don't forget where you came from Patrice shows Trini pride all day, everyday. It's evident through her posts, tweets and support to her home.
4. Stay humble Patrice is so nice. I don't mean to use that four letter word, but she truly is. She treats you like an individual, and that makes her such an outstanding person. She's sincere and inviting, and that speaks volumes considering this ego-driven society that we're living in. She created the lovely gloss that she's wearing in this picture, All My Purple Life, for MAC Cosmetics. She even has over 22,000 twitter followers. The woman does it big, and she's still down to earth.
5. You don't have to be in NYC to "make it" Sorry, this is a big one for me. Patrice came from Miami and moved to Chicago. She has a massive, world-renowned brand that lets her do what she loves full-time. Remember my video interview with Billy B. on "Being A Success Wherever You Are"? Patrice lives this, and I commend it.
Kudos, Patrice. You're the godmother of beauty blogging, and I mean it every time I say it. Wishing you much love and continued success, from the bottom of my heart.