This post is part of the Scandalous Beauty 25 Days To A Better Beauty And Fashion Blog Challenge! For even more tips, be sure to check out Erin's Guide to Better Beauty Blogging. If you have months or even years worth of posts, it can be hard for readers to find your content. You've worked hard to make all of this content, don't let it go to waste! This doesn't have to be the case! Here are a few tips to keep older content fresh.
- When referencing certain products or topics that you've talked about before, link to your older content. For example,
- Use related post widgets and plugins to have extra posts display at the bottom of your newer posts. Here are some tips for adding a related post feature on Blogger.
- There are 'tweet your old post' plugins for Wordpress. It will automatically send your older posts to Twitter. You can also manually do this using your Facebook Fan Page, Twitter feed, etc.
- Update your archives and make it easy for people to find your stuff!
- Use your sidebar to categorize your older posts. I keep a few of my top posts on the side, as well as a few series that I've started.
- Don't forget to use your tags, categories, labels and pages!