I found Naomi last year and was refreshed by her take on beauty and comedy. In my opinion, a lot of people tend to be a "Droid" so that they will receive followers, but she's not that person. Plus, we LOVE Ru Paul's Drag Race!! She met Ru-Paul last year and I was so happy for her that I shed tears during her video. First Name: Naomi
State, Region/Country: Atlanta, Georgia
Follow Naomi: Twitter: https://twitter.com/Drroxxette Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NaomiAkaDrroxxetteMunroe Facebook (Fanpage): http://alturl.com/d88wn Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Drroxxette
1. What are some of your favorite makeup products? I love theatre makeup!!! (Ben Nye, Mehron, Kryolan etc) They have AMAZING pigmentation, awesome staying power, and some even help prevent sweating (which a big girl living in the South, REALLY helps out!) Also I ADORE M.U.F.E I just wish I could afford it! Lol! And Glamour Doll Eyes, they make really nice eyeshadows, and I tend to grab those most of the time for every day makeup.
2. How long have you been in love with makeup? I actually was a pretty big tom-boy for most of my chidhood, but then I when I was about 14 I fell in LOVE with the theatre, met some Drag Queens, and the next thing you know, I was begging my mom for all her old makeup and her tips and knowledge.
3. What products/brands are you dying to try? I'd LOVE to try more M.U.F.E, I've gotten to play with them on shoots, and hanging out with some of my "cosmo crew", but I own very VERY little (A travel sized HD Primer and a Dried up corrector...Sad Face) They're just REALLY out of my price range. I'd also love to try more Nars, ESPECIALLY their blushes. Also Mehron's paradise palettes have me JONESIN'!!! And one can't have too much MAC can they?
4. What's your everyday makeup look? It depends where I'm going, and how much time I have to get there, and how hot it is/how much sleep I got the night before. But my everyday looks are mainly modern pin-up (punk, psychobilly, neo versions) and very modest Drag queen. Lol!
5. Who are your makeup role models? One of the earliest makeup memories I have (even back in my "tom boy butchy McButch" days was absolutely DYING to have makeup like Jem and The Holograms/Misfits, so she's always been up there. Also RuPaul of course! Grace Jones, Kylie Minogue and of course Billy B, Kevyn Aucoin, and most Fashion shows/Drag Queens.
6. Anything else? Share your random beauty thoughts! I just hope more women of color start playing with color! It just saddens me every time I hear a mocha goddess say she can't pull off a color, or she's too dark for something. It's so sad, because bright colors look so marvelous on a darker canvas! It's just makeup! As the great Mz. Frizzle said, "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!"